Please see below the most common FAQs. For more information, you can go to this link here for full FAQs on the campaign.
Click on the button below and let us know. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The primary goal is to drive acquisition, leveraging a key selling period (RRSP season) when investors are naturally looking to make contributions.
The direct-to-consumer media campaign with incentive offers will begin on Monday, December 14, 2020 at 12:00 am ET and ends on Monday, March 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
Our primary audience is new client prospects, but we’re also promoting the campaign to a select group of existing Qtrade Investor clients through an email campaign.
A Visa Gift Card to the first 500 new clients, and 500 existing clients to qualify.
Reduced trading fees rebate to the first 100 new clients to qualify. Clients will receive trades at $6.95 for six months (maximum of 100 trades per client).
There are a few differences from last year’s “cash back” campaign to help clients act sooner and get ahead in their financial journey with us. We will also be refining the advertising to target some specific client segments (aka “personas”).
1. The campaign starts earlier. Normally, we don’t go to market until January. The media campaign starts on December 14 this year.
2. We’re offering a Visa Gift Card rather than cash. We will mail out Qtrade branded Visa Gift Cards instead of crediting cash.
3. Transfers must be submitted with the New Account Application Form - at the time of account opening - to qualify. This is to help prevent common complaints from clients re: delays in transfers. We now require the transfer be submitted during account opening; it does not need to arrive by a set date. Note that if a client calls in on the same day of their application to fund by phone, that transfer can qualify.
4. The number of Qualifying Accounts for each offer is capped. The promo codes will no longer function when:
5. Clients must place a trade to fully qualify for the Visa Gift Card.
All the terms and conditions can be found here.
For more information, you can go to this link here for full FAQs on the campaign.